Quantity in Basket:None
Automatic Outdoor Animal Deterrent
Protect your garden or pond from unwanted animal intruders.
The Scarecrow motion activated sprinkler instantly releases a short but startling burst of water when it detects animals. The sudden water, movement and noise scare animals away, and help teach them to avoid the area in the future. Simply and effectively chases animals out of your pond or garden with water.
- Humane, safe and environmentally friendly; uses only a small amount of water each time
- Highly sensitive motion detector senses large and small animals
- No chemicals, shocks or unsightly, costly fences or barriers
- Smart circuitry automatically dampens sensitivity in windy conditions to reduce false triggering
- Works day and night for up to 4 months on a single battery
- Each unit covers approx 1200 square feet (112m2)
The amazing motion-activated Scarecrow sprinkler frightens away garden pests with harmless blasts of water. With just a 9V battery and a garden hose, the Scarecrow guards against deer, raccoons, woodchucks, geese, herons, rabbits, cats, dogs, and more. One Scarecrow protects 1,000 square feet, covering a 35 foot distance and 1000 angle. Attach multiple units for wider coverage.
Why It Works!
The Scarecrow consistently creates a memorable and unpleasant experience through a combination of:
- Sudden Unexpected Noise
- Unexpected Movement
- Water Spray
The animal immediately associates this unpleasant experience with the
location. To avoid similar surprises, they begin to avoid the area. While humans
flee several steps after activating a Scarecrow motion-activated sprinkler,
animals are scared to a much greater degree, run much further and stay away
We attribute this difference in part to the inherent fight or flight survival response found in most animals and their lack of intelligence or ability to 'figure out' what caused the annoying noise and motion.
Other reasons why the Scarecrow works:
- Training/repelling is consistent at the location, 24 hours a day.
- It is the environment rather than a person or other animal doing the 'conditioning'.
- The water spray is sufficiently surprising and unpleasant to communicate an immediate, 'Leave now' message.
- Position the Scarecrow so the area you wish to protect is within its 105 degree detection area. Avoid pointing it at any objects where movement may cause "false triggering" i.e.: sidewalks, roads or waterfalls.
- Adjust the sensitivity dial to the lowest setting that will still pick up your target animal.
- Fine tune the sprinkler to ensure the water covers the area you wish to protect.,
"Its fantastic, it works. No cat do-do in gardens. YES!"
"Product works very well. The Scarecrow has been extremely
effective in keeping our pet from chewing on the fence to get to our neighbor's
dog. In fact they have also purchased a Scarecrow to keep their dog away from
"Since purchasing the Scarecrow, I can tell you that not one
deer has come back. Our backyard is fenced, but the front was always a problem.
After one night using the Scarecrow, that was it! My Cistus has bloomed for the
first time in two years. Great product!"
"The deer haven't touched my rose bushes or strawberry plants
since I installed it. It is so nice to not go out and spray deer repellant every
"The best method I have found for keeping deer out of the
roses! 100% effective the 1st day."
- Water based concept Safely and effectively repels animals without chemicals, visually objectionable barriers or shock.
- Passive infrared detector Operates unattended and 'sprays' when movement
(Day and Night)
- Operates 24/7 Scarecrow protects day and night for up to 6 months (or 3000+ activations) on one 9 volt battery.
- Becomes a temporary water 'barrier' Can be used in neighborhoods where fences are not allowed.
- Water conserving design Only uses 2- to 3 cups of water per deterrence and can usually be used in communities engaged in restricted lawn watering practices.
- Water flow through stake Easy to extend coverage with additional Scarecrows.