UV Bug Light Fly Catcher Fly Patrol
Quantity in Basket:None
The Paraclipse Fly Patrol is the ultimate home decorative fly control system which allows you to get rid of flies and get rid of fruit flies. Yet is is also powerful enough for light commercial use. Its small size enables it to comfortably blend into the decor of any home or small restaurant or dining area. The Fly Patrol uses a highly effective combination of special UV light, attractants and trapping surface to trap flying insects. its patented automatic advance 30 day cartridge is capable of eliminating large quantities of flies.
Replace your UV Light Once A year to maximize effectiveness of unit. Also you can order our Fly Patrol Yearly Recharge Pack which includes 8 replacement cartridges and 1 UV Bulb. See related item below.
of the Paraclipse Fly Patrol
The Ultimate Decorative Home Fly Control System:
- Complete decorative home fly control system
- Research-proven, flying insect-attracting UV light device
- Exclusive auto advancing 30 day cartridge trapping system
- Sanitary and Portable
- Specially engineered reflective top shell
- Front UV light baffle
- Highly effective combination of special UV light, attractants and trapping surface
- The trapping system is environmentally friendly
- Unique cartridge placement - directly under bulb
- Ultraviolet Lamp Booster Reflector
- Easy to maintain, easy to clean
- Can also be used for light commercial use, looks like a decorative wall sconce
- Audible alert when cartridge needs replacing
- Effective attraction of flying insects already inside the home
- Replaceable/Disposable cartridge eliminates large quantities of flies
- Keeps home safe & free from flies carrying diseases such as salmonella and E.coli
- Directs light out and down, to increase overall effectiveness
- Helps direct UV light downward to attract more flies
- Draws flying insects to trapping surface and keeps them trapped
- No hazards from chemical pesticides and no scattered insect parts from electrocution
- Flies quickly caught during random flight near the bulb
- Increases the outward reflective power of the UV bulb
- Easily cleaned with a damp cloth
- Keep your home or business free of annoying flies
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is it important to control flies?
A: House flies have been shown to carry the disease organisms causing typhoid fever, cholera, summer diarrhea, dysentery, tuberculosis, anthrax and ophthalmia, as well as parasitic worms.1 Flies contaminate food. They have been linked to many illnesses including those caused by E-coli, Salmonella, and Streptococci.
- How do fly traps work?
A: These units are non-zapping, non-toxic fly traps! All units utilize ultraviolet light to attract flies to the trap (flies find UV irresistible). The flies are then lured to the glue on the slowly moving 30 day auto-advancing cartridge by the food scents, decoys on the trapping surface, and sex pheromones that gives the units powerful trapping capabilities.
- How many unit(s) do I need?
A: Coverage area 500 square foot, perfect for home kitchen, family rooms, recreational rooms, dining rooms, garage/workshops, bathrooms and small offices, restaurants or delis.
- Where should unit(s) be located?
A: Line of sight placement is important, flies must have direct view of UV light. Units should be installed just above eye level to avoid view of lamp(s) and cartridge.
- Why use an auto advancing cartridge?
A: The auto advancing cartridge makes changing the cartridge more sanitary and easier. The cartridge system rolls the trapped flies into the cartridge so you never handle the fly covered trapping surface. The Fly Patrol has a surface area of almost 162 sq. inches.
- Can the cartridge be rewound for reuse?
A: No. Paraclipse's 30 day auto advancing cartridge is for single use only .There is a risk of exposure to bacterial contaminated surface by rewinding the cartridge. USDA and FDA have regulations preventing these type of exposures.
- Can I replace the lamp and/or cartridge with items from the local
A: No. The lamps used in our units have special characteristics designed to catch the flying insects. These lamps are designed specifically for Paraclipse. The cartridge is a patented cartridge and can be purchased from a Paraclipse supplier or directly from Paraclipse.
- Can unit(s) be used outdoors?
A: No. These units not approved for outdoor use.
- What colors do you offer?
A: The very attractive cover can be easily painted to fit any decor. The outer shell will accept any Krylon paint.
Please note: Do not paint the back surface of the shell top or the light slits in the front of the unit, these areas are essential to the effectiveness of the unit! This also includes the white area inside of the top cover, that is the vital part of the unit, containing special UV paint, the back surface can be painted.
Note: If the unit has been painted, it is non-returnable.